7 years ago today, CM Punk made his historical debut in WWE on ECW and went on to defeat Justin Credible. So to celebrate his 7 year anniversary, I shall list my Top 5 Favorite CM Punk matches:
5. CM Punk vs Chris Jericho Payback (2013): This was an absolutely fantastic match. What made it even better was that it was Punk's return match and it was in his hometown of Chicago so the fans were all Pro-Punk and Anti-Jericho. The build-up for this match was great.. I just loved the promos between Jericho and Heyman.
4. CM Punk vs John Cena RAW February 25,2013: We saw Powerbombs,Hurricanranas and even Piledrivers in this match! I truly believe that this was a PPV quality match-up.
3. CM Punk vs The Undertaker (WrestleMania 29): The story to this match-up was great. You have CM Punk disrespect Undertaker's "father", Paul Bearer by stealing the urn and pouring Bearer's "ashes" all over Taker. The match-up itself was excellent. WWE never gave those guys to wrestle for 20 minutes back in 2009 and when they did, It was great. You had very cool spots in this match including CM Punk hitting a Diving Elbow Drop on Taker through the announcers table, CM Punk reversing The Last Ride by hitting Taker with the urn, and the GTS being reversed into a Tombstone Piledriver.
2. CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan Over The Limit (2012): This had to be the best match in all of 2012. These guys have a lot of chemistry since they are both technical wrestlers which made the match absolutely epic. This match made me realize why I am truly a wrestling fan.
1. CM Punk vs John Cena Money in the Bank (2011): This whole feud showed us why CM Punk is a star. You have CM Punk announcing that he is going to leave WWE at Money in the Bank and Cena's career on the line so this match-up felt really unpredictable. Nobody knew that CM Punk would win the WWE Title.. Everybody thought Cena would retain and nobody knew that John Laurinaitis would come out and try to screw CM Punk. Honestly, I think 2011 was the year of CM Punk.
What are your Top 5 Favorite CM Punk matches? Leave your thoughts and opinions in the comment section below!